Saturday, 18 February 2012

Compass Leaflet

Other than the documentary video of the Compass I have also created a leaflet to inform parents about the program. The leaflet is a tri-fold brochure that contains information all about the program. This information I have gathered from the Powerpoint that I has already been finished and been sent to me by my clients. The leaflet contains a cover page which is seen on the left side. This is what the parents would see when handed the brochure, a cover containing the logo of the program and also the school logo. This cover aims to attract the attention of parents as compared to a PowerPoint it is quite colourful and flashy.
Inside the Leaflet, apart from lots of information written in text I am also aiming to add in quite a few images to make the leaflet more attractive. Each fold of the leaflet should contain at least one image or it would be quite dull to read a page that is full of text. One of the sections I have finished inside the leaflet would be the teacher introduction section. This section contains images of the teachers themselves followed by captions introducing them.
Other than starting on my leaflet another thing I learnt from Adobe Indesign was the use of guidelines. I drew up guidelines to help show where fold lines for the leaflet would be located and also margins to limit where my words go. These are very useful to me as it makes sure that when the leaflet is printed each fold would be of exact width as I could type it exact positions of guidelines in Indesign, and this also ensures that no text would cross fold lines and be in other folds. I hope to finish the leaflet soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment