Monday, 13 February 2012

Documentary Video

The progress in this project has been quite satisfactory. Currently I have been focusing on the documentary video which is to be an informative video that is viewed by parents. I already have the plan of the entire video which I would include as part of my design work in the final portfolio of the entire project. The documentary is beginning with the logo of the compass program and the compass hands in the logo would spin. This is quite an intriguing effect we are using and we plan to use it not only for the documentary but also for the promotional video. This spinning logo introduction is to represent the program like a banner to show that it is an entirely separate program from the school itself and that it has its own aim. For the documentary I have also included many interviews from both the students and the teachers. The teacher interviews are used to explain about the program itself and how it differs. Student interviews are a chance for the current students to express their own views on the program. Different shots of lessons in the compass program are also used.
Below is a screen shot of an interview shot. It was originally filmed from a distance but by using the Event Pan/crop tool that is available in Vegas I moved the clip so that the teacher would be speaking from the left side of the screen and also a closer view. This lets the teacher be the dominant image in the video and causing the viewer to concentrate mainly on her.












On the right side is a screenshot of a freeze frame which I used in the video. This freeze frame is used to introduce the teachers as the name of the teacher appears just as the picture freezes. This is a effect where I got the inspiration from advertisements. This freeze frame is during a clip of the teacher teaching the students or student



On the left this is the screen shot of an interview with one of the students. This particular student had a slight problem with speaking and to help with the viewer understanding what she is saying I added some subtitles to aid the viewer




The last screen shot I have here on the right is what I am using for the end of the documentary. For this scene I am putting 4 clips together they would be playing at the same time but in 4 separate parts of the screen. In the middle I would be adding the compass program logo with the spinning compass hands which is to help show that the compass program consists of all these types of teaching. The 4 clips include a clip in the library, students working hard in the room and also the teacher teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment